School Report Advisor
What are the best reasons to buy a home? We've checked with some of the top 20 best-producing relators and we've ranked the factors (with 1 being the highest).
- Ranking of school districts
- Cost per square foot of homes
- Property tax rates versus other cities, states
- Health of local economy
- Maintenance of the home
- Quality of construction of the home
- Views (ocean, city lights, lakes, mountains etc…)
- Strength of HOAs
- Proximity of amenities (grocery stores, shopping, work)
- Access to mass transit
- Historical growth in real estate values
- Volume of available in the market today
- How much room is available to build new neighborhoods versus existing inventory.
"In Beverly Hills proper, our schools are amazingly well funded however in Beverly Hills Post Office, a part of Los Angeles that has an actual Beverly Hills address but is part of the LAUSD, things aren't the same" says Jade Mills – thetop grossing real estate agent in the history of Beverly Hills. "You pay more for a house in the flats of Beverly Hills or Trousdale Estates but you getworld-class publicschools. Neighborhoods like Holmby Hills or The Miracle Mile are also gorgeous but the schools aren't as strong."
"One of the things that families like in Malibu is the strength of our schools. Be it the proximity of a top-notch university like Pepperdine or the Malibu school system that is closely affiliated with The Santa Monica School District" says Chris Cortazzo, the nations second highest grossing residential real estate agent in 2012.